Dr. Biser is known for both his expertise in eye surgery and in diagnosing and treating a range of ocular conditions, including those related to systemic medical conditions. Whether you were referred here by another doctor, have a problem such as visual loss, pain, or irritation, or simply want to make sure that your eyes are in good shape, we will do our best to serve your needs.
Diagnostic and Medical Eye Care
Dr. Biser regularly diagnoses and treats a range of eye conditions. Common eye problems include glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye syndrome and
blepharitis, diabetic eye diseases, and macular degeneration. Rarer conditions include various corneal diseases, uveitic conditions, and neuro-ophthalmic problems. Dr. Biser is regularly consulted by other eye doctors for patients with difficult-to-manage conditions. He has performed research on improved treatments for dry eye disease, and has taught ophthalmologists-in-training by serving as an Attending Physician on the Cornea Service at N.Y.U. (Photo shown is of a cornea with Granular Dystrophy.)
Dr. Biser has performed thousands of eye surgeries, including:
- Cataract surgery and Clear Lens Extraction procedures, using a variety of surgical techniques and implants to optimize refractive outcomes;
- Laser procedures for glaucoma, including SLT, ALT, laser iridotomy, and iridoplasty;
- Retinal laser procedures for retinal tears and holes;
- Laser vision correction procedures;
- (Photo shown is of a cataract patient who received an Acrysof Toric IOL for preexisting astigmatism.)
- Excision of pterygia with no-stitch conjunctival autografting; and other corneal and conjunctival surgeries, including excision and treatment of conjunctival tumors;
- (Previously, not currently) Corneal transplantation, both full- and partial-thickness;
- Anterior segment reconstruction for some patients with previous trauma or surgery, including secondary IOL implantation and IOL exchange;
- Minor eyelid surgery, such as removal of chalazia and suspicious growths.
Candidates are carefully screened and tested prior to surgery, and each treatment is designed for the individual goals of each patient.
Scope of Care.
While Dr. Biser can provide a fairly wide range of surgical and medical therapy, if your problem lies outside Dr. Biser’s areas of diagnostic or therapeutic expertise, he will arrange any needed referrals to other physicians or subspecialists. He selects referred-to physicians for each patient by looking for a match in several areas (including clinical expertise as well as patient and doctor personality). Contact us for more information.